Any good thing has to happen at least twice. I know it, and so does Simon Dewar, AKA Horror Editor Who Makes Things Happen. Doesn’t he just. In 2014, he single-handedly put together the much-acclaimed Suspended in Dusk anthology, which snatched up blurbs from the likes of Jonathan Maberry and Kaaron Warren. It also earned itself an introduction by horror legend Jack Ketchum. Not bad for a first-time editor, to put it very, very mildly.
And so, here we go… sequel time! The final Table of Contents for Suspended in Dusk 2 has at last been confirmed and made public. Take a look at these names. And yes, it’s that good, you’re probably going to have to read this twice. At least.
Here’s the lineup:
- Introduction by Angela Slatter
- Deadman’s Road by Joe R. Lansdale
- The Mournful Cry of Owls by Christopher Golden
- The Immortal Dead by JC Michael
- That Damned Cat by Nerine Dorman
- Another World by Ramsey Campbell
- Angeline by Karen Runge
- Mother of Shadows by Benjamin Knox
- Love is a Cavity I Can’t Stop Touching by Stephen Graham Jones
- Crying Demon by Alan Baxter
- The Sundowners by Damien Angelica Walters
- Still Life with Natalie by Sarah Read
- Riptide by Dan Rabarts
- Dealing in Shadows by Annie Neugebauer
- There’s no light between floors by Paul Tremblay
To read more about the anthology and keep up to date with developments, take a look at Simon’s official announcement on his blog.
My short story ‘Hope is Here’ appeared in the original Suspended in Dusk. This time round my offering is ‘Angeline’, a story about a sweet young woman who only wants to please. I’ll let you imagine what that means, and where exactly that might lead her.